Cling Film Foil & Parchment Paper products in our range.
Catering cling film, also known as plastic wrap or cater-cling 450mm, offers several benefits in the food service and catering industry. It is a versatile and essential tool that helps with food storage, preservation, and hygiene. Here are some of the key benefits of using catering cling film:
- Food Preservation: One of the primary benefits of cling film is its ability to preserve the freshness of food. It creates an airtight seal around food items, preventing air from entering and moisture from escaping. This helps to keep food items like fruits, vegetables, and leftovers fresh for longer periods.
- Hygiene: Cling film acts as a barrier, protecting food from contamination by bacteria, dust, and other airborne particles. In a catering environment, where food safety is crucial, cling film helps maintain high hygiene standards.
- Transparency: Cater-cling 450mm film is transparent, allowing for easy identification of the contents of wrapped items. This is particularly useful in commercial kitchens and catering operations where many different food items may be stored.
- Versatility: Catering cling film 450mm is highly versatile and can be used to wrap a wide range of food items, including sandwiches, salads, meats, and baked goods. It conforms to the shape of the food, making it suitable for irregularly shaped items.
- Microwave-Safe: Many types of cling film are microwave-safe, allowing for convenient reheating or cooking of wrapped food items without removing them from the film. This reduces the need for additional dishes and containers.
- Freezer-Safe: Cling film is often suitable for use in the freezer, helping to prevent freezer burn and maintain the quality of frozen foods. It also makes it easy to portion and store items for later use.
- Stretchability: Cling film is stretchable and flexible, allowing for a snug fit around various food containers and dishes. It can be stretched to cover larger items or wrapped tightly around smaller ones.
- Easy Dispensing: Cling film typically comes in rolls that can be used with specially designed dispensers. This makes it easy to cut and dispense the desired amount, reducing waste and ensuring efficient use.
- Cost-Effective: Cling film is a cost-effective option for food storage and preservation. It can help reduce food waste by extending the shelf life of perishable items.
- Seamless Presentation: Cater cling 450mm Cling film is often used to create a polished and professional appearance for food items. It helps maintain the visual appeal of dishes and keeps them looking fresh.
- Reduced Odor Transfer: Cling film can help prevent the transfer of odors between different food items when stored together. This is especially important in catering settings where a variety of dishes may be prepared and stored in close proximity.
Overall, catering cling film 450mm wide is a practical and essential tool for maintaining food quality, hygiene, and organization in catering and food-service operations. Its versatility and ease of use make it a valuable asset in commercial kitchens and for food storage in various settings. Manufactured in the UK by Cofresco, means supplies are never a problem.
Check out our Cling Film Foil & Parchment complete range of Foils, Cling Films and Parchment Paper including Wrap-master products.
Here are 7 Uses for Parchment Paper
Parchment paper, also known as baking paper or baking parchment, is a versatile kitchen tool that has several uses in cooking and baking. Here are seven common uses for parchment paper:
- Baking: Parchment paper is often used to line baking sheets or pans. It prevents baked goods from sticking to the pan and makes for easy removal of cookies, cakes, and other baked items without the need for greasing. This is especially useful for delicate items like meringues and macarons.
- Roasting: Parchment paper can be used to line roasting pans when cooking meats, vegetables, or fish. It helps prevent sticking, simplifies cleanup, and can also make it easier to lift the roasted items out of the pan.
- En Papillote: This French cooking technique involves wrapping food, such as fish or vegetables, in parchment paper packets and baking them. The parchment paper traps steam, allowing for gentle and flavorful cooking while keeping the ingredients moist.
- Candy-Making: Parchment paper is often used when making candies and chocolates. It provides a non-stick surface for cooling candies, setting chocolate, and separating layers of candy or chocolate when stacking them.
- Dough Rolling: Parchment paper can be placed under dough when rolling it out. This prevents the dough from sticking to the countertop or rolling pin and makes it easier to transfer the rolled-out dough to a baking sheet or pan.
- Food Separation: When storing foods that tend to stick together, such as homemade burger patties, cookies, or slices of cheese, placing parchment paper between the layers helps prevent them from sticking and makes for easier portioning.
- Decorative Icing and Drizzling: Parchment paper can be used to create decorative icing or chocolate designs. Melted chocolate or icing is piped onto the paper, allowed to cool and harden, and then placed as decorations on desserts.
These are just a few examples of the many uses of parchment paper in the kitchen. It is a handy tool for preventing sticking, simplifying cleanup, and adding versatility to your cooking and baking endeavors. Be sure to use parchment paper that is specifically designed for oven use, as it can withstand higher temperatures without burning or releasing harmful chemicals.
7 Uses for Catering Foil for home or work kitchen.
Catering foil, also known as aluminum foil or kitchen foil, is a versatile kitchen tool with numerous uses in cooking, food preparation, and storage. Here are seven common uses for catering foil:
- Food Wrapping: Catering foil is often used to wrap food items for cooking or storage. It can be used to wrap vegetables, fish, meats, and even entire meals before baking, grilling, or roasting. The foil helps seal in flavors and moisture.
- Baking and Roasting: Foil can be used as a cooking vessel by creating foil packets or pouches. Place ingredients like vegetables, herbs, and proteins inside the foil, season, and seal it tightly. This method is popular for cooking delicate items, such as fish or chicken, on the grill or in the oven.
- Lining Baking Sheets and Pans: Catering foil can be used to line baking sheets and pans to prevent sticking and make cleanup easier. It’s especially useful when baking items like cookies, brownies, or roasted vegetables.
- Heat Reflection: When placed beneath items like pie crusts or bread in the oven, catering foil can reflect heat away from the bottom, helping to prevent over-browning or burning. This technique is often used to achieve a perfectly baked crust.
- Insulation for Roasting: When roasting large cuts of meat, such as turkeys or hams, catering foil can be used to cover the meat loosely during part of the cooking process. This helps to insulate the meat, reducing heat exposure and preventing it from overcooking or drying out.
- Keeping Food Warm: Catering foil can be used to cover dishes to keep food warm until serving. It retains heat and helps maintain the temperature of food items, such as casseroles or side dishes, when they are not being served immediately.
- Grilling and Barbecuing: Foil packets are commonly used on the grill or barbecue to cook vegetables, seafood, and other delicate foods. The foil helps prevent sticking and allows for even cooking while infusing the ingredients with flavors.
These are just a few of the many uses for Cling Film Foil & Parchment in the kitchen. It’s a versatile tool that can simplify cooking, improve food quality, and make cleanup more manageable. When using foil for cooking, it’s essential to be mindful of safety precautions, such as not letting foil come into direct contact with open flames and avoiding the use of foil with acidic foods, which can react with the aluminum.
Within our Cling Film Foil & Parchment range we also have wrap-master dispensers and refills.
Cling Film is used in every kitchen, worldwide. With so many options to choose from in your local supermarkets and discount stores, it’s hard to find a cling film that works best. At loorolls.com we have streamlined our range to products that work. We stock clingfilm in a variety of formats suitable for home of business.
Catering Foil & Parchment Paper
To complete our range of disposable kitchen essentials we also offer Cater Foil and Parchment paper. Baking paper is the much preferred choice over foil with being able to dispose or recycle it.
Wrapmaster Foil & Cling
For professional users in restaurants we offer a range of wrap-master cling film, foil and parchment paper. Each wrap-master case has 3 rolls and offers cost in use savings compared to some hand held catering options.